Kayachikitsa Department on the hospital front emphasis on providing relief from pain and sufferings, promotion of health, prevention of diseases, cure of the disease wherever possible and lastly care of those patients in whom the disease is not curable. The patients are educated with do’s and dont’s (DIet and Activities) to be done or followed during the course of treatment and also after the treatment course to prevent the recurrence of the disease. The patients are given counselling wherever required especially psychological cases, infertility cases etc. to maintain the mental health of the patient along with the physical health to have a happy society. Thus Department of Kayachikitsa tries to emphasis the health and thereby try to improve the quality of life.
The department focuses on treating various disease conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension, Acidity Hypothyroidism, Skin ailments like the eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo, allergic conditions, Jaundice, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Respiratory disorders from asthma to various allergic manifestations, etc.
Special focus has been given towards the management of Skin diseases form the Department side. Diabetes Counselling for lifestyle modification and diet along with medication and other necessary treatment also has been given special importance from the department side.
Counselling for different conditions like stress, Depression etc psychological disorders and past life therapy are adopted.. Counscelling and treatment for Infertility and other Male dysfunctional disorders also has been given special importance.
The department aspires to maintain the highest degree of competence in skill development and research orientation of the students.
Panchakarma is the super speciality department of Ayurveda which deals with the treatment modalities like Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya, and Raktamokshana and all types of various Bahya-snehana, Swedana procedures including Keraleeya Panchakarma.
Panchakarma is the major section of the hospital, has many treatment sections with heavy rush all the time. All type of classical and keraleeya Panchakarma procedure are done in hospital by Specially trained Panchakarma Technicians under the supervision of Panchakarma Consultants and Resident Medical officers for better outcome.
Panchakarma procedure units has been made according the convenient of the patients and their affordability as,
General Panchakarma Unit for Male and Female at 1st floor,
Special panchakarma units for Male and Female at 2nd floor,
Deluxe Panchakarma Units for Male and Female at 5th floor,
Cottage Panchakarma units for VVIP patients at 6th floor,
All the Panchakarma Procedures are carried out For convenience further it has been made two more branches like Paediatric Panchakarma, and Swastha Panchakarma
Our department is focussing treatments for various elements from Paediatrics to Geriatrics specially Ortho cases like Osteoarthritis, Frozen shoulder, Brachial neuralgia, Ligament tear, Muscular Sprain and strains, Avascular necrosis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, etc. Neuromuscular cases like Muscular disease like Myalgia, Muscular Dystrophies, Spine disorders like Cervical and Lumbar Spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, spondylitis, sciatica, Neuralgia etc .
Brain disorders like Cerebrovascular diseases like Paralysis, paraplegia, Parkinson’s diseases, Dementia etc. And also, common conditions like Respiratory disorders, Skin diseases, Gastrointestinal disorders Allergy, Infertility etc conditions.
To develop innovative teaching methods and resources.
Department is specialised to provide best care for surigical health seekers. Surgical care is provided through integration of the Ayurvedic and Present era methodologies
Department has intiated the maximum usage of parasurgical procedures like Jaloukavacharana, siravydha etc. Wound care management, Kshara therapy are best managed
The department is committed to provide the best possible care to patients with factual presentation of successful stories who require Medical, Surgical & Para-surgical services focussing on Ophthalmology, ENT, Oro dentistry and diseases of head. We also believe not only treating the diseases but also in rendering the rejuvenation of senses through our unique treatment modalities- KRIYAKALPA. A fully equipped out patient department separate for Eye, ENT and Orodentistry for the thorough diagnosis and management.Out patient department is established There are diffrent units for Eye Treatment, ENT treatments and Parasugical procedures exclusively dedicated for the department. An isolated operation theatre to conduct suegeries of Eye
- A well experienced team of professionals who have expertised in handling vulnerable cases with customised treatment approach with prodigious results.
- We have success stories in treating challenging disorders of changing patterns, new age illnesses, auto immune, lifestyle, metabolic, debilitating and degenerative conditions pertaining to Eye, ENT, Head and neck.
- We have treated the conditions of eye like refractive errors, diabetic retinopathy, retinitis pigmentosa (Night blindness), macular oedema, age related macular degeneration, uveitis, keratoconus, allergic conjunctivitis, blepharitis, efficiently and sustained improvement in vision.
- We aim in established ayurveda approach with specialised treatments in preavailing conditions like migraine head ache, allergic diseases nose, sinusitis, nasal polyps, ear discharge, deafness, tinnitus, vertigo, trigeniminal neuralgia, acne vulgaris, tooth hypersensitivity, adenoid hypertrophy, Tonsilitis.
- The department has also expertised with parasurgical procedures like Kshara karma, agnikarma, Jaloukavacharana and Pracchana for different ailments.
- Specialised eye exercises based on individual requirements for refraction correction.
- Along with the persisting conditions the co-exisiting metabolic/ systemic/autoimmune are also taken care for correction and reversion of the process.
- Ceratin morbidities in which surgeries are like Keratoconus, sinusitis, Polyps, tonsillitis, adenoids Vocal cord disorders are treated are treated successfully through non invasive procedures.
- The consultant also treats the condition from the root cause level by not only with localised treatments but also through cleansing therapies- Panchakarma with the dietary and lifestyle changes for consistent effect and reducing recurrent rate.
- The therapists of the Department are well trained with hands on training for every treatment and and are well versed in handling all types of cases.
To nurture the thinking of students to utilize the concepts of shareera kriya in curative and preventive aspects of Ayurveda and to apply the knowledge of shareera kriya in
Prasooti evam Striroga
The department specializes in providing holistic healthcare to women through all phases of her life. The department has well experienced Ayurvedic Gynaecologists and Obstetricians managing various health concerns and challenges.
The services offered are
- STREE SOUKHYAM(Stree Roga) (Gynaecology): Healthy women is the back bone of the nation. Prasooti Tantra and Stree Roga department provides Specialized treatments and successful management for several gynaecological problems such as:
- PCOD/PCOS: The prevalence of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) in India is quite high and has a major impact on the quality of life and fertility of women. Our Hospital offers unique therapy, specific to the individual health needs, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Such personalized approach helps in re-balancing the hormones naturally, thus helping regularizing the menstrual cycle, gradual and wholesome weight loss, reduce facial hair growth and acne.
- Infertility: The incidence of infertility is rising at an alarming rate all over the world. Motherhood has become a distant dream to many. There are many causes for Infertility and Ayurveda can offer the best solution. In our hospital we have treated many cases of Infertility successfully.
- Fibroids: Fibroids are one of the leading cause for menstrual irregularities and affecting the general health of women. There is increased surgical interference too. Most of these can be managed medically and with various treatments through Ayurveda
- Ovarian/endometrial cyst: Increased cases of endometrial and ovarian cysts are seen now-a-days. These causes chronic pelvic pain, weakness and more surgical interventions. In Ayurveda there are unique procedures and medicines to combat the Ovarian cysts. Cysts of varying sizes have been successfully treated in our hospital.
- Endometriosis and adenomyosis: We are seeing a spike in these cases. Hormonal and Surgical intervensions can be avoided by taking Ayurvedic treatments and medicines. Pain relief, Improvement in QOL(Quality of Life) and Fertility can be acheievd with Ayurvedic management.
- Menopause: During the retiring phase of womanhood, women face several disturbances like, irregular menstrual cycle, hot flushes, mood swings, loss of libido, vaginal dryness, night sweats etc. Our team of doctors’ expertise in Rajonivrutti paricharya help women is attaining menopause with ease.
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding: Heavy bleeding during or between Menstrual cycle is something which is experienced by many at some point in their life. Sometimes it is so severe that the woman cannot lead a normal life. There are many causes for this condition which are evaluated carefully and treated successfully in our Hospital
- Abnormal Vaginal discharges:Vaginal discharge is most often a normal and regular occurrence. However, there are certain types of discharges that can indicate an infection. Abnormal discharge caused by varied infections may be yellow or green, curdy white, chunky in consistency & or foul smelling. Ayurveda provides holistic Sthanika chikitsa along with Internal medication to combact the same.
- Breast fibroedenoma: Fibroadenomas are common non – cancerous breast tumors seen in women in their 20s and 30s, but they can be found in women of any age. These can cause extensive discomfort to the women and in some cases lead to pre cancerous stages. Sthana lepa, Abyanga, etc along with internal medications have got good results.
Caters health care services from birth to 18 years old .Following facilities are available for child care- Expert consultation on all 6 days a week
- Specialty treatments for Recurrent cough, cold, allergy and asthma.
- Specialty clinic for Developmental disorders – CP, ADHD, MR, Autism etc.
- Newborn care services.
- Well equipped immunization unit.
- Swarnamritha prashana on every Pushya nakshatra.
- Physiotherapy for Developmental disorders.
- Pediatric dermatology clinic.
- Panchakarma for Pediatric illnesses.
- Vaccination- Providing vaccines from birth up to 18 years of age as per the schedule.
- Common Pediatric illness- fever, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, cough.
- Treatment of Recurrent respiratory tract infection like common cold , Sore throat, Pharyngitis, Laryngitis, Bronchial Asthma, bronchitis, allergy.
- Pediatric dermatology clinic- Atopic dermatitis, dry skin, vitiligo, scabies, psoriasis, Ringworm, Warts, Herpes Zoster, Pityriasis Rosea, Molluscum contagiosum, Measles, Chickenpox, Epidermolysis bullosa.
- Autism specialty clinic for the management of ADHD and Autism.
- Specialty clinic on Developmental disorder- cerebral palsy, Muscular dystrophy, learning disability, dyslexia ,Genetic disorders.
- Breastfeeding training for lactating mother.
- Training for Parents on nutrition of children.
- School health checkup.
- Adolescent education and training.
- Breastfeeding week celebration.
- Awareness programme on Developmental disorders, Autism and academic stress.
- Summer camp for children.
Swasthavrittha Department deals with life style disorders and aims towards health promotion through Yoga , Naturopathy and dietetics.A comprehensive approach towards the ailment is adopted through treatment regimen.